As a conference, we are not climate neutral. However, we lower our impact on the environment as much as possible, Inspired by the 8 R’s (Recycle - Refuse - Reduce - Reuse - Repair - Regift - Recover - Rethink). We welcome feedback on how to improve. Our current initiatives:
- We're a remote-first company, and use public transport where possible.
- We book travel for our speakers so we can offer more sustainable alternatives (such as trains) instead of flights.
- We carbon offsett the flights we book.
- We encourage our participants to come by train if possible.
- We look for venues that are easily reachable by public transport.
- We decided not to give away totebags but use paper bags instead.
- We wash and reuse materials such as staff shirts, lanyards, ...
- Our buffet is 100% vegetarian. Vegan options are also standard available.
- We closely estimate our food amount through a careful headcount to minimise waste. We create awareness with our attendees to not throw away food. We are looking into the options of donating leftover food.
- Drinks are offered in porcelain and glassware. We provide water bottles with tap water.
- We provide bio straws (we can offer plastic straws for those who need it for accessibility reasons).
During the conference we optimize waste processing and recycling. We have separate trash cans with bio compostable garbage bags, for all compostables. We also have separate paper bins.